Summer’s imminent arrival will see you do one of two things: a) embrace the sun and become blacker than the tarmac, or b) refuse to acknowledge the thermometer and keep wearing your black Kathmandu puffer jacket until April. If you just can’t bear the warmer weather, check out our top five unsummery things to do this summer.
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Head to Snowplanet’s indoor mountain and hit the slopes while your mates hit the surf. Nothing beats summer humidity like the chill of the mountain and snow down the back of your pants.
- Make like a polar bear. End-of-year hibernation is a good weight-loss option to get bikini-ready just in time for … oh, winter.
- Cooking like a boss. Living on soup is also good for bikini body readying. If you’re keen on making more of an effort, though, a thoroughly hearty Sunday roast is the perfect choice for a middle-of-the-day summer lunch.
- It’s raining, it’s pouring. You’re taking an umbrella to the beach, anyway, so why not make a real fashion statement and wear your gumboots as well? Gloves will protect your sensitive hands from the sand, while a beanie promises to keep your humidity-plagued hair under control.
- You’re your own best company. Sit inside and watch back-to-back Lord of the Rings and Sweet Valley High re-runs in the comfort of your own air-con while everyone else gets hot and sweaty ‘having fun’ outside.